Calloused

If this is what you mean closeness
I'll be very grateful and flattered
If this is what you mean friendship
Then, I gladly accept what you offer
But sometimes, we just need a reminder
From the wrecks of pasts that sets in our present.

It's just that we are not good
We can't stick together
Our bond was calloused
We do understand each other
Refused to believe each other's indifference
We're damage control
And we fight like old married couple
We argue over little things
We tease and we make up
We're wounded individuals
We think we can heal each other
But we never prove it right.
Did we?

Believe me when I say I've had enough
I always had my hopes up;
That maybe we will be able to fix these mess
Why did we enter in this relationship?
Our love was great
We had a beautiful memories
Such a happy, relentless, undeniable things
Maybe in time, we can always go back
To think of what once was true without hurting ourselves

Is it over?
Now, that the fireworks are fading.
All we have is those promises we held
Broken glasses are hard to mend
Shattered limbs
This was a wonderful vision
But we failed to comply

Thank you for the friendship
Thank you for the memories;
Laughter and love.
Someday, you can find a way to forgive me.
We have time that we wasted,
And now we have it to correct our mistakes.

This love is good
But this has to let it go free
So we can be complete from the misery
I always know you are the one for me;
But I was never the one for you.
Ironic yet true.

I just have to repair myself before.
I'm calloused
Scarred
Wounded
Pained from this life to ever believe in love.
Again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unknown Emotions.

Life of Being a Tita (Aunt) at a Young Age

WANDERLUST: "A Girl's Guide to Soul-Searching"